Friday, April 27, 2012

Baby Cake Pops- A Tutorial

OK first of all I am not a professional but this is the best way that I have found to make cake pops!!!



Ingredients
2 bags Wilton Candy Melts ( Any Color )
Wilton Candy Eyeballs
Clear Treat baggies
Ribbon ( Any Color)
Wilton Large Sprinkles
Mini Baking Cups ( Any Color )
Candy necklace
Lollipop Sticks
Vegetable oil
Wax Paper
Cookie Sheet
Cake Mix ( Any flavor )
I can icing ( Any Flavor
Chocolate Warmer ( Optional )

OK, you can make these to be any color or any flavor that you want....this is just what I used.



Mix Cake mix as instructed on the box and bake


Let the cake cool for about 30 min


Once the cake is cool then crumble up in a large mixing bowl..just a hint it goes a lot quicker if you use a hand mixer



Once the cake is mixed up finely then scoop two large spoonfuls of the icing and mix until it forms a cookie dough like texture



Then place in the fridge for about 10 min to firm



Next roll into balls ( you can do any size ) for this recipe I did 30 balls and it used the entire mix



Melt about 6 chocolate melts in a coffee cup and then dip one end of the lollipop stick in the chocolate then put the same end in the middle of the cake ball. This is going to mend the cake ball and the stick together so its easier to dip. place in the freezer for 20 min




Here is a picture of my melter..I think I got it at Walmart and it was a great purchase because I use it all the time




Melt the chocolate in the melter...if you don't have a melter then you can use a bowl and put it in the microwave to melt. Hint- add vegetable oil once melted to thin the chocolate. Dip the cake pop in  the chocolate and let any excess chocolate drip off



Place onto the mini baking cups


Add the candy eyes




Add candy necklace piece for the pacifier



Put the large sprinkle on the side for the bow




Let them completely dry then place in the clear baggies and tie  with the ribbon













Easy right lol!!! It took me a couple times to get the hang of making these so if you don't get it the first time then try again!!


Happy Friday



2 comments:

  1. Major cuteness!!!!! I want to make baseball cake pops!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable mama!!! I just made 75 cake pops this weekend for a christening and I now know I need a chocolate melter ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...