Sunday, October 30, 2011

Carving Pumpkins and Pumpkin Seeds


This Saturday we carved Pumpkins with the kids and they both had a lot of fun! Payton was digging in with her hands and called the inside of the Pumpkin " Pumpkin Guts" lol. Koen didn't want anything to do with cleaning out the pumpkin but any other time the child is willing to get dirty. When we were done we took them outside and lit the pumpkins!!! I think they turned out pretty cute 


 
















When I was little my step mom always baked pumpkin seeds for us after we carved our pumpkins. Ive never did this for my kids and thought I would give it a shot. Thank Goodness I did because they both loved them and they were gone within a couple hours. Sooo what did I do today?? I called every grocery store to see if they had pumpkins left and finally got a YES after the 4th call. So I headed out and bought two more pumpkins and made another batch.

I coated the seeds with Cinnamon and Sugar and baked them in the oven @ 350 degrees. Flipping them every ten minutes.










2 comments:

  1. I didnt like pumpkin seeds until last year ... they are so gooood... glad you guys had fun :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to bring in some pumpkin "GUTS!" for you to make some more of those yummy pumpkin seeds!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...