Sunday, October 30, 2011

Eyeball Cake Pops


I always like to make spooky treats on Halloween and opted for Eyeball Cake Pops this year I found the recipe here. I changed it around a little bit




Ingredients
1 box Cake Mix ( Red Velvet )
1 can Icing
2 Bags of Wilton Chocolate Melts ( Blue & Chocolate )
1 Bag of Wilton Lollipop Sticks
1 Bag Clear Small Lollipop Baggies
3 Bags Small White Chocolate Chips
Wax paper
Piece of Styrofoam or cake pop stand ( you don't have to have this )

**If your not making the eyeball cake pops you can using any flavor Cake Mix, Icing or Melting Chocolate** 



Bake the Cake as instructed on the box and let cool completely




Crumble into a large mixing bowl



Mix cake really fine with a mixer



Add 2 big scoops of the icing into the cake and mix again



You should then have a cookie dough like texture



Roll cake into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with wax paper



Melt 2 tablespoons of White Chocolate chips and then dip one end of the Lollipop stick into melted chocolate then place that same end into the center of the cake ball. Place in freezer for about 45 min or you can place into the fridge overnight




I have a chocolate melter but you can put 1 whole bag of the white chocolate chips into a bowl and microwave until melted. Then dip the cake into the chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Then place one of the colored candy pieces on the top of the cake pop to resemble an eyeball.  You can buy a piece of Styrofoam ( dollar store ) and stick the other end of the sticks in the Styrofoam to let the chocolate harden. I have a cake pop stand made by Wilton that I purchased at Walmart. Once the chocolate has hardened onto the cake pop then you can wrap individually in the clear lollipop bags.








2 comments:

  1. Thank you and they were YUMMY TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my EYE on you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...