When I First started on this weight loss journey I knew I need to incorporate exercise in my routine somehow and I have a treadmill that I have only got on probably 10 times before . I really have never been a runner or a person to workout but something had to change if I wanted to have a healthy lifestyle and stay active. I started getting on the treadmill lets say around December 2011 and about 3 days a week. I could only run about 3 minutes at a time but I am slowly working myself up. Just last night I ran for 23 minutes straight...so if I can do it then I know its possible. I try to run at least 3.1 miles, 5 times a week now.
Here are just a couple of things that make my workout easier and I thought I would share.
Shoes- I was running in some old shoes that were about 5 years old and my feet were starting to hurt. So I headed out and found these babies and they are awesome on my feet. Lightweight, comfortable and they are adorable.
Nike+ GPS- I finally bought this app and it has sooo been worth it. After every run it tells you your pace, time and calories burned. Awesome right?? The true test will be when it gets warm outside and I can attempt to run outside. I may not make it very far the first time but I will deff try.
Now I am not a hardcore runner but I think I am doing pretty good. So far this month I have had 22 runs ( some walks on my lunch). I love that I can keep track of everything
iPhone arm band- This guy is awesome too. I picked this up at Walmart for 10 bucks and I use it everyday I run.
Music- I have to listen to music, some people can watch TV but I have to really concentrate. Its my time and I get to clear my head and what better way to do that then listen to the Usher station on Pandora lol Not sure why this is my favorite but it is
Hope everyone has a great Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!





I am SO PROUD of you!
ReplyDeleteManda
Way to go girl! Keep it up! P.s. LOVEEEEE those shoes!
ReplyDeleteGood job!
ReplyDeleteI have to listen to music too. I try to match the beat when I work out. haha tv I get caught up in and I realize Im walking haha. Work it hot mama
ReplyDelete