Monday, March 5, 2012

Hollywood

Saturday night we had plans to go to Hollywood Casino with my best friend and her boyfriend. It was his Birthday and what better way to celebrate!!!! First thing is first, I have never been to a Casino, I have never gambled EVER, I don't even know how to play Poker and I really didn't know what to expect. I know people do it all of the time but I just cant fathom loosing money and I think my frugal husband has rubbed off on me a little bit.

We started the night off with dinner at Bravo!! We called ahead for seating and were told it would be an hour and a half wait which we were fine with. We got there, checked in with the hostess and then had a drink at the bar. Well an hour and about fifteen minutes rolls by and our buzzer goes off. We were all excited and ready to sit down and eat. As we are being seated the manager only has three menus and there was five of us so we asked for more. She then asks what the last name was and goes to say that the hostess gave us the wrong buzzer and we were still a couple of parties away from being seated. Ugh, really?? How are you going to seat us then make us get back up. Soooo another half an hour rolls by and we are finally seated but the managers advised that appetizers and dessert was on the house!! Yes that is all fine and dandy but I would much rather of been seated at a reasonable time. Next time you are at Bravo make sure that the hostess gives you the correct buzzer HA


We make it to the Casino and I swear its something out of a movie or I am just lame and have never been to such a place. We settles playing the penny slots and I was OK with that since I had no clue what I was doing. We didn't take that much money and I am happy we didn't because I lost it all. I can now see how people can sit there all night because I could have. I think my favorite part was the dealers dressed up as singers and they took turns performing. They had Lady Gaga, Chris Brown, Gene Simmons, Rod Stewart and many more. The only downfall to the whole night is that you are aloud to smoke in there. See everywhere in Ohio is non-smoking and the Casino was in Indiana. I smelled like an ashtray when we walked out, my eyes were burning and I just felt nasty but we still had a blast.




Paul and Danny


Me, Andi and Rachel




Paul and I






Remember when I watched Rachel's dog Duke here for the weekend? Well he has grown and I wanted to take him back home with me. How cute is he??


Hope everyone had a great weekend

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of dealers dressing up, that's pretty cool. And I agree that cigarette smoke is the worst. Sounds like a good time. We actually have a very nice casino 10 minutes down the road, it's an Indian Reservation casino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have took a picture of some of them but I didnt want to look like a creep HA!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...