Thursday, January 5, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

For New Years Eve I made a little treat for everyone and I found these on Pinterest here. I took some pictures and thought I would share how I made them. I am a visual person so when I see a recipe I want to see a picture of every step. The kids loved these and thought they were so much fun. They would be great for a Birthday party in any color to match any type pf decor. Enjoy!!




1. Made white cake mix as instructed on the box and separated in 6 different bowls. Then added food coloring
Purple-  9 Red and 6 Blue drops
Blue-  12 Blue drops
Green- 12 Green drops
Yellow- 12 Yellow drops
Orange- 12 Yellow and 4 Red drops
Red- 18 Red drops



2. Blend the food coloring with the cake mix evenly. I found it best to use a silicone spatula to mix together




3. Next Layer the colored cake mix in the cupcake liners starting with Purple














4. Bake as directed on the box let cool then Icing








3 comments:

  1. AHH! Im obsessed, again.

    Im a visual learner too- thanks for breaking it down. Happy Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!! Another project I would like to try... thanks to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh this looks so delicious! I have seen a few of these on Pinterst, but I always thought I would mess up the food coloring, so thank you for putting how many drops you used. I am definitely going to make these this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...