Friday, November 11, 2011

I am Starting a Diet

Yea I know I say that at least every week but there has to become a time when I am finally going to stick with it. These extra pounds just aren't going to fall off with no effort from myself. As of Tuesday I have started watching my food intake and exercising every night. To be honest I absolutely hate exercising but it has to be done if I want to reach my goal. I have set a goal to loose 30 pounds by April 2012!!! Will this happen?? I hope so because I am going to stick with this. I downloaded My Fitness Pal on my iPhone and I am able to track my calories and exercise everyday. I am a person that has to see fast improvement and when I step on the scale and see fluctuation it really discourages me....but again I have to do this for me!!!! I don't think I am obese or super overweight but I would like to get down to my pre-baby weight and my kids are now 4 & 5 so I don't really have an excuse anymore. So here is to weight loss and let's hope I can reach my goal.


So far My Fitness Pal has really helped me. Every "Diet" before I never counted calories and I just assumed what I was eating was under my daily limit. I have realized that if I want to loose weight then keeping track of what I eat is going to be the biggest thing. You can download the appfrom the App Store but if you dont have an apple product then you can visit the website here.




Here is my Food Diary for yesterday and it's not a great example as you can see. Paul and I went out to eat last night and I should not have ate that Chicken Taco Salad :(  But I wanted to give you an example as to what it looks like. You can search for food and if you don't see it then you can always add it too!! There is a lot of stuff on there and it has a great search engine......I even found my coffee creamer.



Exercise!!!! This word makes me cringe, I am all about coming home from work after a long day and just being a bum but I have now come to see that is probably the reason why I am not loosing weight. About 2 years ago I got a treadmill and worked out for about a solid month but I think I pushed myself too much because it got old really quick. This week I have started out walking for the first 3 min then run for as long as I can then I walk it out and repeat until I feel that I have pushed myself. I am NOT a runner and I don't like doing it but I would rather run 2 miles in 30 min than walk it in an hour. Breathing is also a big thing, In through your nose and out your mouth. It really helps me :)



I have talked to one of my good friends about this and she jokingly said I want a picture after you worked out to prove you did it. She knows how bad I want to stick to this and believe it or not I think this keeps me motivated. So for the past three nights I have sent her a text with my treadmill stats!! No one will be getting a sweaty picture of me, No Thank You!! I am sure this will stop at sometime but as of right now it is my motivation and has helped out better than you know.

Tuesday

Wednesday


Thursday



Keeping occupied while working out!!! I have found that keeping myself occupied helps with the workout too. So, I downloaded the ABC Player App on the iPad and have started watching Revenge. WOW, why didn't I start watching this show when it first aired??






As of today I have lost 3 pounds so I guess all this work just may pay off


Hope everyone has a great Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...