Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oreo Turkey Pops

I wanted to  make something for the kids to take to school to give to their classmates before Thanksgiving and I found this cute idea here. I changed it up a bit and put the faces on differently than this recipe. I think it turned out very cute and the kids loved them.


Here is what you will need to make these cute little Turkeys
  • 1 pkg of oreos
  • 1 box Whoppers
  • 2 small bags of Candy Corn
  • 1 bag of pretzel sticks
  • 1 bag of White Chocolate Chips
  • Lollipop Sticks
  • Small Clear treat bags
  • Red & Orange Sugar Sprinkles ( not pictures )



  • First I separated all my ingredients
  • Pull apart the oreos and stick the Lollipop stick in the middle
  • Place 6 candy corn on oreos just like above
  • Break 1 pretzel stick in half and place on each side of the lollipop stick for the legs
  • Melt white chocolate and dab a little on the oreo to help everything stick together Then place the top cookie over the melted chocolate and let harden




  • Dip one side of a Whopper in melted white chocolate and stick on the center of the oreo and let harden
  • Using a lollipop stick dip one end in melted chocolate then place two little dots on the whopper for the eyes, let harden
  • Using the lollipop stick place a little bit bigger dot of melted white chocolate in the middle of the whopper  for the nose and then cover with orange sugar sprinkles, let harden
  • Again using the lollipop stick place a  line of melted white chocolate next to the nose for the Turkeys wattle and then cover with red sugar sprinkles, let harden


Then I individually wrapped each Turkey pop in a clear treat bag and tied with a ribbon







Speaking of Turkeys..................here are my little Turkeys before they left for school today :)




Oh and I can't forget about Payton's Turkey hair clip I made last year



Hope everyone has a great day!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...