Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Blessed

Yesterday started out like any other Monday and ended up being a pretty good day. I got up, went to work, came home, made dinner, helped Koen practice writing his name, ran 2 miles on the treadmill, did the dishes, gave the kids a bath,  got the kids stuff ready for school today and then I sat down and watched a show I had on the DVR. It was a simple day in my book but others would call that crazy. 6 years ago if you would have asked me where I would be today? I would not have known or my answer would have been just taking care of my dogs lol.

See I was never that person that visioned having a family, house and white picket fence but it happened....well not the picket fence but everything else. I have to say that I am very content in my life today and I am soo happy that I met my husband and that we now have a family that we get to share our lives with.  I never in my life thought I would settle down and have a family and if you were to ask any of my friends they would say that I would have been the last person to get married HA!! I met Paul and his daughter Lani and we fell in love.....then we got pregnant with Payton and when she was 6 months old I found out I was pregnant again. If your trying to do the math that's 14 months apart....CRAZY I know. To be honest I love them being that close in age, they are best friends and two peas in a pod.

 I guess what I am trying to get at is that in life you may picture something else for yourself but down the road if something else happens then accept it with open arms. Take life one day at a time and spend time with the ones that you love. I am going to try harder at night and sit down with my kids and spend time with them instead of running around the house like a crazy person trying to get everything done for the night or next day. Yes it is hard working full time and trying to balance work, home, kids, marriage but I am giving it my best shot and I can only work on improving for the future. Nothing really prompted this post but I was just thinking that I have been soo blessed in my life that I need to sit down and take it all in.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful post. If you would of asked me even a year ago, I would laughed at the thought of marriage and a new baby. It is amazing what God has in store for each of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those friends who could say that I never thought you would be where you are now, but I kinda always felt like you would one day be where you are now just not now I pictured it for you in say a few years from now...lol But I am very proud of you!!! You are a great mom and wife!!! I love how domesticated you have become and all the little things you do with you family, I hope one day I can be the mom you are!! Your very inspiring to me!! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...