Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DIY Photo Canvas


I saw this project here and thought I would give it a try and I am soo happy I did because it turned out great. I am not any way an expert but I thought I would share with everyone.  




Supplies

Pictures- I printed off pictures from my computer onto cream card stock
Wood- My Husband went to lowers and had 4 pieces of wood cut to the same size the pictures
Paint- I chose black
Foam Paint Brushes
Hanging Hardware- 97 cents at Walmart
Mod Podge





Step 1. I painted the sides and one side of the wood boards black and let dry







Step 2- Paint Mod Podge on one side of the wood ( I chose the painted black side) and on the back of the picture. Then lay the picture on the wood and smooth out any bumps. Next, paint Mod Podge all over the top of the picture and try to keep an even coat throughout. The glue will dry clear and you may not be able to get all the bumps out but once it drys it should dry flat.



Step 3- After everything has dried you can then put on the hanging hardware on the back


Step 4- Hang on the wall so all of those pretty pictures can be displayed :)

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...