Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cute Reindeer Shirt- A Tutorial

I was quit the crafter this weekend and I had a lot of fun. I made the kids these cute shirts and thought I would share with you how I made them.

Just a little disclaimer--- I am not at all a professional at doing this but this is the way that I made them and it worked best for me


Supplies

Heat n Bond
Red polka dot fabric- for the nose
Tan fabric- for the body
Brown fabric- for the antlers
Plain white shirts
Wiggly eyes- Hobby Lobby
Ribbon ( only if you are making for a girl)

For the letters I simply just used MS Word and made the font very large and then printed out until it was the size that I wanted it.

For the antlers- free handed them




Step1- printed out the letters and then free handed the antlers


Step 2- Cut out the letter and antlers



Step 3- Cut out a piece of the Heat n Bond and Tan fabric - large enough for just the letters.
Step 4- Iron the Heat n Bond to the fabric. Iron the shiny side of the head n bond to the wrong side of the fabric.
Step 5- Trace the letters onto the the Heat n Bond that is still attached to the fabric. When tracing make sure that you are tracing the letters on backwards so that when you cut them out the are facing the correct way




Step 6- Cut out the letters with the Heat n Bond still attached





Step 7 - Iron the Heat n Bond to the Brown Fabric and trace the antlers on the Heat N Bond using the template


Step 8- Cut out the antlers leaving the Heat n Bond on the back




Step 9- For the nose, iron the Heat n Bond onto the red fabric and I just drew a circle for the nose



Step 10- Cut out the nose leaving the Heat n Bond on the back

Step 11- Make bows using the ribbon of your choice ( remember this is only if you are making a shirt for a girl)


Step 12- Peel off the Heat and Bond from the fabrics and position onto shirt and then iron on. Make sure that you slowly go over all of the fabric




Step 13- I do not have a sewing machine so I just stitched the outline of the letters, antlers and the nose with white thread. I am sure that those of you that have a sewing machine can do this much faster



Step 14- Then I simply just used a hot glue gun to attached the wiggly eyes


Step 15- Again using the hot glue gun I attached the ribbon on the antlers


Here is the finished product....for the first time doing this I think I am pretty pleased with the outcome lol



I hope this is helpful if any of you decide to make these for your little ones. If you have any questions just let me know :)


3 comments:

  1. Watch Out Martha Stewart :) Love the shirts

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo adorable!

    www.mommymandymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are PRECIOUS!!! I am so impressed. Loving reindeer over here this year! Thanks for linking up, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...