Thursday, December 15, 2011

Update on my Diet

Well I posted about me starting a diet and working out here and I just wanted to do a little update more for myself. Its been about a month and yes it has been hard. I slacked off for about 2 weeks but in the past week or so I have really started to take this serious. I mean the weight isn't going to come off if I don't try right?? So I have come to the conclusion that if I really want to loose 20 pounds then I really need to work at it for myself. I can happily say that over the past month I have lost 10 pounds......crazy I know. I cant tell it but the number on the scale said so.

Now on to my diet.....I have totally cut out all sweets ( yes even Oreos that I love sooo much) and have been watching what I eat very close. I was using My Fitness Pal app on my iPhone but It got old really fast having to input my calories every time I at something. So now I just watch what I eat  and if I know I shouldn't have it then I pass. It is hard when your family is eating out or eating chocolate but I just think to myself that I have come this far I don't want to give up. Here is just a little sample as to what I am eating daily.

Breakfast:
Coffee and Creamer (Peppermint Mocha at the moment)
90 calorie granola bar

Lunch:
Salad w/ grilled chicken
Fat free Ranch dressing
Cheese stick

Snack:
100 calorie pack (depends on what I buy that week)
Sliced Apples


Dinner:
Grilled Chicken & Steamed broccoli
or
I eat what we make for dinner I just watch my portions



Now to my least favorite thing that may be growing on me........running on the treadmill. Since Saturday I have got on the treadmill and ran 2 miles every night. I actually cant believe that I have been doing this but to be truthful I feel a lot better and I have more energy. I downloaded an app on my phone called 5K Training and have been using that and listening to music. The app tells you when to run and when to walk but I have to cover up the time or I will stare at it the whole time. It's amazing when your not staring at the time how fast it actually goes by HA. Last night I ran 2 miles in 29 minutes...that may not be fast to some people but to me that is a record.


I have set a goal to loose 20 more pounds and I am going to do it and by putting this out there it kinda holds me accountable to it HA









1 comment:

  1. Im not much of a runner- I get bored quickly. I like to Zumba or kick box! I try to watch my portions but its SOOO hard this time of year. I know my diet will be a FAIL tomorrow. Christmas at my grandparents.
    Have a great weekend.

    xoSummer

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...